ABOUT SEXUAL HEALTH VICTORIA
Sexual Health Victoria - leading reproductive, relationship and sexual health for all.
- Specialised General Practice Clinics.
- Advanced training for health, allied health, youth and community workers.
- Relationships and sexuality education for schools, teachers, parents and carers.
- Research and advocacy to promote positive change.
Sexual Health Victoria (formerly Family Planning Victoria) is a state-wide independent, for-purpose, all-choice organisation that focuses on reproductive and sexual health care, education and advocacy.
Sexual Health Victoria (SHV) seeks to advance sexual health literacy and build capacity through education services within the primary care and community-based systems to further support people to make decisions about their reproductive and sexual health and well-being that are right for them.
Governed by a voluntary board of directors, Sexual Health Victoria has provided services to the Victorian community for over 50 years. Playing a vital role in Victorians' reproductive and sexual health status is underscored by investment in service development, information provision, and the delivery of training and education.
Whilst partially funded by the Victorian Government, Sexual Health Victoria also generates revenue through fee-based education and training programs and the sale of resources. These funds are used to improve our services.
Sexual Health Victoria works in partnership with a range of local, regional and national organisations, including universities, Women's Health Centres and other Family Planning Organisations and is associated with the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF) and Family Planning Alliance Australia (FPAA).
Sexual Health Victoria is a member of the Family Planning Alliance Australia
Sexual Health Victoria is a member of the Family Planning Alliance Australia, the nation’s peak body in reproductive and sexual health. It promotes advances in public health through policy insight and advocacy and represents leading health and education agencies across Australia.
The following position statements and policy documents have been developed by Family Planning Alliance Australia in conjunction with member organisations and are endorsed by Sexual Health Victoria.
- Abortion Position Statement
- Achieving Change: Increasing the use of effective long-acting reversible contraception (LARC)
- Advancing sexual and reproductive wellbeing in Australia: the Melbourne Proclamation
- Sexuality Education Position Statement
- Sexuality & Disability Position Statement