- Fixed Term 12 Month Contract, with view for permanency
- 2 Days @ 15.2 hours per week
- Full salary packaging benefits, and secure undercover parking
Sexual Health Victoria (SHV) is a leading, not-for-profit, state-wide provider of sexual & reproductive health care, education & advocacy. Governed by a voluntary board of directors, we have been providing comprehensive reproductive and sexual health services in Victoria for over 50 years.
We deliver a range of services that are accessible, culturally relevant & responsive to the needs of the diverse Victorian community. These services include clinical care as well as education & training to help build the capacity of educators & health care professionals working in the reproductive and sexual health sector.
About the role
The Reproductive & Sexual Health Nurse will provide comprehensive, evidence-based advanced RSH nursing care to clients at SHV’s Box Hill & Melbourne CBD clinics, built on the platform of the Reproductive & Sexual Health Nurse scope of practice.
Include, but are not limited to:
Direct Clinical Care
- Deliver effective RSH advanced nursing services within the scope of practice to clients
- Follow SHV clinical protocols in the delivery of care
- Maintain accurate clinical records to an advanced nursing standard
- Be up to date with the current development in sexual and reproductive health issues
- Undertake delegated duties for clinic support and function
- Participate in accreditation activities
Education and training
- Regular and ongoing involvement in building nursing workforce capacity through the provision of clinical training to nurses and midwives undertaking Cervical Screening and Comprehensive Reproductive and Sexual Health course practicums in SHV clinics
- Provide education to participants in SHV clinical educational programs
- Provide secondary consultation advice to external health care professionals
Research and Development
- Participate in relevant research studies and ensure SHV provides accurate data for clinical research studies
- Assist and support the development of processes and protocols for research within SHV’s training and education setting
- Participate in QI&CPD and professional services as part of staff commitment to professional development
- Participate positively within the multidisciplinary framework of SHV by undertaking duties that will contribute to the efficiency of clinic services, as requested
- Maintain professional practice in accordance with APHRA requirements and registration
The ideal candidate will demonstrate the following key selection criteria:
- Registered Nurse Division 1 qualification
- Cervical screening provider (preferred)
- Comprehensive Sexual & Reproductive Health (Nursing) course or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in the provision of clinical training and supervision to a variety of health professionals in RSH
- Demonstrated experience in a nursing practice role in an RSH clinical environment
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills and proven interpersonal and problem-solving skills
The incumbent will be required to undertake & complete a satisfactory National Police Check & Working with Children Check.
How to apply
Please forward your resume & a brief cover letter addressing the key selection criteria in the ‘About You’ header to firstname.lastname@example.org . Applications without addressing the key selection criteria will not be considered.
To view the position description, go to https://shvic.org.au/careers
Applications close Friday 16th September 2022; however, applications will be viewed upon receipt so apply without delay.
We welcome applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, workers of all ages, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.