At Sexual Health Victoria, we're proud to integrate the following values across all areas of our work.
Facilitating the highest standard of service in reproductive and sexual health, we
- offer a unique, integrated educational, training and clinical service in reproductive and sexual health.
- are equipped with the latest information, data and knowledge.
- are informed and innovative in our approach to practice and education.
- are regularly asked to provide informed submissions to government and other key decision makers on complex reproductive and sexual health matters.
- take an informed and considered stand on complex issues such as RU486.
- evolve and adapt to meet the changing reproductive and sexual health needs of the Victorian community.
- lobby, consult, collaborate and advocate effectively on behalf of Victorians.
Fostering an open-minded, non-judgemental and approachable service, we
- offer understanding, sensitivity and reassurance to our clients in dealing with any reproductive and sexual health matter.
- listen and act without prejudice.
- are motivated to provide choices and options to our clients.
- make sure we find someone who can help.
Providing superior knowledge and experience, we
- have a dedicated and highly skilled multidisciplinary team of professionals including doctors, nurses, counsellors, teachers and administrative staff who are able to work with a wide range of stakeholders and clients.
- have an extensive knowledge base and keep up to date with new developments in reproductive and sexual health.
- base our activities and decisions on evidence.
- are responsive and proactive.
- work to the highest standard and are committed to excellence in the work that we do.
Offering the highest level of confidentiality, privacy, honesty and integrity, we
- provide a secure and safe environment for our clients.
- provide our stakeholders and clients with factual information.
- are sensitive to the impact of gender, culture and social environment on reproductive and sexual health beliefs and behaviours.
- engage in honest and open dialogue with our stakeholders and clients.
- are responsive to the reproductive and sexual health needs of Victorians.
- provide advice and opinion which is sought after and highly respected.
Working with commitment, drive and dedication, we
- care about the reproductive and sexual health of our clients and want to make a difference.
- are flexible and willing to tailor our services to meet special needs.
- take responsibility and strive to find solutions.
- are resourceful and innovative in the work we do.
Empowering the communities and individuals with whom we work, we
- are committed to ensuring these communities have the care and information they need to make safe reproductive and sexual health decisions.
- are sensitive to diversity in our promotion of reproductive and sexual health.
- help people who have difficulty accessing mainstream services and provide specialist services to increase access to education, training and clinical care.
- recognise the special needs of people with disabilities, people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities and young people and actively develop our expertise and services to meet their needs.